AFLYST - PD616 - API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 Fitness-For-Service Evaluation
During course, participants will learn how to apply the rules of API 579/ASME FFS "Fitness-for-Service" Standard to evaluate the integrity and remaining life of tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems and pipelines. Topics covered include: the principles of fitness-for-service, practical application through case histories, a step-by-step evaluation process for each type of degradation mechanism, and a review of the application of API 579/ASME FFS to brittle fracture, general metal loss, local wall thinning, pitting, blisters, mechanical defects (dents, misalignment, and distortion), crack-like flaws (stress corrosion cracking, weld flaws, crack-like defects), fatigue, and fire damage.
You Will Learn To
- Identify the latest techniques to determine the fitness-for-service of operating tanks, vessels, piping systems and pipelines
- Explain the practical application of the ASME and API rules for structural integrity of static equipment and pipelines, and their use to assess remaining life
- Explain how to apply the step-by-step 3-level approach of API 579/ASME FFS to evaluate inspection results and recognize potential failure modes
- Describe how to apply the latest developments in defect assessment techniques
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
Design and system engineers, integrity engineers
Participants must bring a laptop loaded with MS Excel and be familiar with MS Excel spreadsheets for repeated calculations. Participants are expected to work with computers during the course to input data and work with calculations.
For venue information, please click HERE.
- Course Type: Public Course
- Course Number: PD616
- Language: English
Registration For more information on ASME Training & Decelopment or if you have questions please contact:
There is no registation on www.ida.dk. Please register directly at ASME to attend.
Phone: + 32 2 743 1543
Fax: + 32 2 743 1578
For more information on ASME Training & Decelopment or if you have questions please contact:
fra IDA Mechanical
- Alsion, Sønderborg
- tirsdag d. 04. september kl. 16:00
- IDA, København V
- tirsdag d. 04. september kl. 16:45
- IDA Mødecenter, København V
- onsdag d. 05. september kl. 16:45
- Novenco-Building , Næstved
- onsdag d. 12. september kl. 17:00
- HighPark Sønderjylland
- lørdag d. 15. september kl. 09:45
Få højt specialiseret viden og rabat på arrangementer, som medlem af IDAs 40 fagtekniske netværk.