AFLYST - PD622 - ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code: Plant Equipment Requirements
This 4-day course provides comprehensive instruction on design, fabrication, and operation requirements for pressure vessel, boiler, steam generator, and associated equipment. The Code provides the owner the option to extend Code rules beyond pressure vessel boundary limits to attached mechanical equipment. The list includes pressurized components, welded and bolted flange connections.
The course focuses attention on the following topics: design, material and manufacturing responsibilities for Code compliance, circulation in and design of boiler evaporator, superheater, economizer, heat balance in waste heat recovery steam generator, furnace chamber design and boiler safety attachments, boiler tube toughness, corrosion resistance, affinity laws, performance curves, efficiency, proportional flow and safety valve control mechanism, bolted flange pre-load, joint behavior, leakage, welded joint pre- and post-weld heat treatment, distortion, cracking, NDE (nondestructive examination) test requirements, and over-pressure and over-speed tests.
It is recommended that participants bring a laptop to the course.
You Will Learn To
- Design procedures for components for structural integrity, superior efficiency, reduced exhaust pollution
- Explain hydraulic, thermal, and fluid theories
- Gauge severity of operating loads, and mitigate unwelcome failures due to pressure surge, cavitation, water hammer and other rapid energy transfer mechanisms
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for design, purchase, manufacture, inspection and sales of plant equipment. Some technical background will be helpful, but an engineering degree or work experience is not needed.
For venue information, please click HERE.
- Course Type: Public Course
- Course Number: PD622
- Language: English
Registration For more information on ASME Training & Decelopment or if you have questions please contact:
There is no registation on www.ida.dk. Please register directly at ASME to attend.
Phone: + 32 2 743 1543
Fax: + 32 2 743 1578
For more information on ASME Training & Decelopment or if you have questions please contact:
fra IDA Mechanical
- EY Huset, Aarhus C
- onsdag d. 28. februar kl. 16:45
- EY-Huset, Aarhus C.
- torsdag d. 01. marts kl. 17:00
- Teknologisk Institut, Taastrup
- mandag d. 05. marts kl. 09:30
- IDA Mødecenter, København V
- torsdag d. 08. marts kl. 18:00
- Teknologisk Institut - Aarhus, Aarhus C
- onsdag d. 14. marts kl. 09:00
Få højt specialiseret viden og rabat på arrangementer, som medlem af IDAs 40 fagtekniske netværk.