BPV Code, Section VIII, Division 1: Design and Fabrication of Pressure Vessels
Based on the rules for pressure vessel design and construction, this course is a comprehensive introduction to the requirements of Section VIII, Division 1 including background, organization, design, materials, fabrication, inspection, testing and documentation of pressure vessels. It covers the more commonly applied subsections and paragraphs, and includes a practical discussion of individual problems and situations. Designed primarily for beginners, experienced vessel designers, who would like to update their knowledge of the Code, will also benefit from attending.
Special features include: an overview of Code organization, offering of updated editions and addenda, and expert instruction on how to prepare and submit an inquiry to the Code Committee for Code Interpretation, Code Cases or Code Revision.
A calculator is required. It is suggested (but not required) that you bring the latest edition of the ASME codebook, 2010 BPVC Section VIII - Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels Division 1.
You Will Learn To:
- Describe the background of the Code
- Explain how to apply the Code rules to more common design and fabrication situations
- Identify the calculations for some of the loadings and situations not addressed by the Code
- Describe the preparation of design specifications, design reports, data reports, and other documentation
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
Those involved with the purchase, design, fabrication, or inspection of pressure vessels. Some technical background will be helpful, but attendees are not required to have an Engineering degree or previous work experience in the subject matter.
Save up to $595 (€695 in Europe) by enrolling in PD443; a combo course consisting of this course (PD442) and PD441, "Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Pressure Equipment.”
Save up to €470 by enrolling PD658 – a combo course consisting of this course (PD442) and PD655, an “Overview of Welding Under Section IX.” PD658 is presented in German.
Also available as Online, Instructor-supported Course EL501.
Please click HERE
Tel: +32.2.743.1543, Fax: +32.2.743.1550
Registrations Coordinator: Isabella Fiorenza
Training & Development Europe Manager: Geraldine Damar
fra IDA Mechanical
- DOLL Living Lab / DOLL Visitor Center, Glostrup
- mandag d. 22. oktober kl. 17:00
- Expanite A/S, Hillerød
- tirsdag d. 23. oktober kl. 17:00
- IDA Mødecenter, København V
- torsdag d. 25. oktober kl. 16:45
- Teknologisk Institut, Taastrup
- mandag d. 29. oktober kl. 09:00
- EY Huset, Aarhus C
- tirsdag d. 30. oktober kl. 17:00
Få højt specialiseret viden og rabat på arrangementer, som medlem af IDAs 40 fagtekniske netværk.