Over recent decades, satellite technology has been extensively used in telecommunication systems –such as television broadcasting, mobile telephony and radio localization—and its use is expected to become even more widespread over the coming years. Denmark and, in particular, the Nordjylland area have been at the forefront of research and development in the area, thanks to the complementary contributions made by Aalborg University and the many technological companies operating there. The combination of academic and industrial expertise provides the region with a unique set of skills and experience to address the future challenges in satellite communications.
This one-day workshop aims to bring together academic and industrial engineers and researchers from the area with the goal to share their views on the evolution of satellite communications and encourage cooperation between the different industrial and academic peers. The workshop is addressed as well to electrical engineering students who have an interest in the topic and is supported by the Danish chapter of the IEEE Signal Processing Society and by the Danish Society of Engineers (IDA).
The programme will consist of a series of invited talks by industry and academia, including student projects carried out at Aalborg University, in addition to discussion and networking activities. It will feature, among others, the following presentations and activities:
- “Signal Processing activities at Aalborg University”, presenter TBD.
- “The AAU IEEE student Branch”, by Alex Sabin Bana (AAU).
- “Prospective topics in Satellite Communications; challenges in Signal Processing”, by Ana Isabel Pérez (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, UPC).
- Invited talk by Gianluigi Liva (German Aerospace Center, DLR)
- “The AAU CubeSat Project”, by Jens Frederik Dalsgaard Nielsen (AAU).
- “Nanosatellite communication - what will be needed in the future”, by Per Kock (GomSpace).
- “Satlab activities in satellite communication”, by Jeppe Ledet-Pedersen (Satlab).
- “Star Camera Technology”, by Peter Davidsen (Terma).
- Various poster presentations by Master and PhD students from AAU.
fra IDA Tele
- DTU Lyngby, Kgs. Lyngby
- onsdag d. 03. oktober kl. 14:00
Få højt specialiseret viden og rabat på arrangementer, som medlem af IDAs 40 fagtekniske netværk.