Vælg tid og sted
Tilmeldingsfrist5. mar. 2019 - 23:59
Deltager, ikke medlem af IDA
BE SUCCESFULL AS AN INFORMAL LEADER
Are you a coordinator, specialist, project manager, consultant or similar? Without the formal leadership of the resources you use to create progress and successes, your work will be more challenging. How do you ensure the right skills for a task when it is another person’s responsibility to prioritizes the resource’s time and tasks? How do you motivate and commit a resource when you do not have formal leadership? How do you ensure that you get the right resources for a task?
These are some of the challenges you encounter when working as a leader without the formal authority. In this situation, you should not only guide different types of employees by, for example, being present and acknowledging - you should also lead their formal leader and by this create the right framework for completing your task - this is perhaps the most important and difficult challenge.
During the course, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the role of an informal leader. You will learn how to get better at leading horizontally as well as vertically and exercise influence.
Your own challenges as an informal leader, i.e. the challenges you face in your professional life, are incorporated into the topics and group discussions. Your role as an informal leader, including your way of communicating, is our starting point.
When you know your own preferences and can adapt your behaviour and similarly understand the people you work with and depend on, it will improve your ability to exercise influence.
You will fill in a Jungian type profile questionnaire before the course. This will give you a better understanding of your own preferences as well as guide you when you cooperate and communicate with other types.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WORK WITH:
- The role of the informal leader - what exactly is it? What opportunities and challenges does it contain and how does it differ from formal leadership?
- Vertical and horizontal leadership - what does it mean to lead vertically and horizontally - and how do you do that?
- Methods and approaches to influence people in a constructive and profitable manner
- Addressing your own challenges as an informal leader through group discussions and cases integrated into the training
- Communication and collaboration based on typology - through exercises and examples we look at the importance of people's different preferences
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
The course is for informal leaders who want to get a conscious approach to the role as well as for those starting out as informal leaders.
We find informal leaders in the form of specialists, project managers, coordinators or similar in many staff functions, for example, HR, marketing, finance, business development and so forth, but also in the line functions that represent an organization's core work, for example, manufacturing, R&D, sales and service
This course is for you if you feel that you spend unnecessary time on repetitive challenges and you get frustrated in your role or if you are new to the role and want to be well prepared for it.
THE BENEFIT FOR YOU:
After the course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of informal leadership and how to handle it
- Lead vertically and horizontally with greater effect
- Work proactively to create co-operation in the organization
- Improve your co-operation with executives and other stakeholders
- Optimize your communication with different stakeholders
- Use your greater insight to complete your tasks and be successful
THE BENEFIT FOR YOUR ORGANISATION:
After the course your employee will be able to:
- Work consciously with his/her role as informal leader
- Involve, engage and influence relevant people in the organization positively
- Create commitment and thereby achieve desired results and goals
- Improve his/her ability to lead vertically and horizontally
- Optimize communication with relevant stakeholders
The training alternates between short presentations, exercises and case-work in groups as well as discussions in changing groups and in plenary. You are expected to contribute to your own and other participants learning.
The PRICE INCLUDES:
BEFORE THE COURSE:
- Fill in a Jungian Type Profile questionnaire (JTI)
- Prepare one page (template provided) about your primary challenges as informal leader - if you are new to the role - what challenges do you expect to face and where do you think you need to strengthen your capabilities?
- Prepare a small case of your own to relate to during the training
We cannot guarantee that we address all inputs, but we ensure that the essence of the challenges we receive is addressed.
- 3 days - from 9 AM – 5 PM (overnight stay not included)
- Full training day catering - (breakfast from 8.15 AM)
AFTER THE COURSE:
- Course certificate
Please note that registration is binding.